Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was flipping through the service manual the other day. The manual said to check for proper operation of the temp warning light you should: put trans in neutral and turn the key on, the warning light should blink several times then go out. I've tried this and have no blinking light. I haven't had any issues with the cooling system, coolant level is good, I'm just wondering if this is something I should be concerned with.

Scott

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I will check mine for you, i have the same quad as you and i wasn't aware of that either?...Irv

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought mine (an 03 Grizzly) and the light stays on. I have not had a chance to check the fan, etc.as I brought it straight home and began going through it. I only ran it long enough to put it on the trailer. Any suggestions for this or other things to look at?

Craig

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Craig, it's usually the temp sending unit wire connection. The sending unit is on the head od the engine and a little to the right side.There's a single wire attached to it. Wiggle the connecter on top of the sensor and I believe your light will go out.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I had some trouble w/ my Temp warning light, it was always on. Turms out it was the sensor, I had to replace it and now it's fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts