Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow !!!!

11 long weeks have passed and I finally have the beast back!!

I went for a 70km ride on Saturday and 50km today, no hassles yet!!

I spent time in the river, on the rocks, up the steep hills and wow it is great to ride the Beast again. (sure beats the LTZ 250 and the Polaris Trailblazer I have been riding)

Funny thing was the Dealer who did the warranty on the CV's and diff had exactly the same thing happen to his Rhino. So hopefully the circlips BONEZ5 gave us the part numbers for, will solve his problem too.

I must say, I could not tell the new circlip apart from the old one with the naked eye, it did look the same. Yamaha assures me it is not and the composition is different.

I hope it lasts this time, I sure would hate to get rid off the Beast.

During the course of the weekend I towed in a Bombardier DS650 which had rolled (owner cut open his arm), I towed in a "blown" Yamaha WR450 (owner tried to start it when it was full of water, he didnt remove the spark plug to drain it), I winched 2 YFZ 450's and one Raptor out of the river and gave an exhausted 4 year old on his bicycle a lift for 3km's to the clubhouse.

NOW YOU CANT DO ALL THAT ON A SPORT QUAD !!! can you??

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Excellent news Beast, glad you got it back! It sounds like you sure put it through it's paces? I know i wouldn't want to get off the thing if it had been missing for 11 weeks! What did all those guys do for help when the grizz was away? There must be abandoned dirt bikes and quads scattered all over the place? LoL. Glad to hear your back riding and hope all goes well with the Grizz this time around.......Irv

·
Registered
22 Posts
glad to hear you got the beast back keep it on all 4. hopefuly I'll get to ride next weekend when I take the oldest out for his first bird hunt.Are they going to give you the good sameritan of the year award for helping every body? Maybey you should start a towing buisness with the grizz.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
glad to hear your back on a track again,,,, if it happens again,, tell them to put blue plastic on it,,,,, lol,,,, I think "beast towing service" sounds pretty good,,,,,,, ,,, ,, cg

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys!

I am a City boy, unlike some of you lucky buggers!!!

We have limited suitable riding spots inside the Johannesburg Area (Lets say within 30 minutes of home) and when you find them, they are commercial and cost a bit to ride in them!

The place I ride most often is Daytona Suzuki Adventure Park, It has quads for hire, and is open for the public to ride outrides on off road motorbikes and ATV's.

About a year back, after i was going there most Saturdays and Sundays the owners said They had made me a VIP guest, meaning I did not have to pay any more and my family and I (we have 4 quads) could ride for free whenever we want.

Therefore I am only too happy to assist them with recoveries, due to accidents and "out of petrol" etc

Also I love the fact that it is a SUZUKI sponsored park and it takes a YAMAHA to do the recoveries!!!

So thats why I end up doing one or two recoveries each time I ride!!!
It's not that I am a good person or anything like that!! LOL

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Hey Beast,

Glad you are back in action mate. I seem to remember that you had a flag or board with "Beast ATV Recovery" or something or another, is that pic still around?

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Noel, Just for you, here it is again!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
I reckon that is an absolute corker!!!!!!!!

Thanks Beast

1 - 9 of 9 Posts