Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went riding as usual on Sunday. I had "Beauty and" on the Beast with me, did some river riding, about 4km. Later on, on a dry trail section, whilst going through a pretty tricky, rocky trail section. My radiator started to boil!!
Temp ligh was on, and I had fluid steaming out. I am not sure if it was a damaged hose or if the Griz has an overflow on the radiator.

I let it cool down, topped up the filler tank with antifreeze, and rode on.

Seems like the fan was not blowing right, so I put some silicon spray in the bearing, seemed better but not great.

When I got back to the trailer i noticed the fluid level was down again, so I took it into the dealer today.

You should have seen his face... He thought my CV's had popped again!!!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Beast,

You should not even joke about that after the run you've had mate.

Hope it is an easy fix anyway............

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Noel,

The guys at the dealer don't say " Hi Saul" or "G-Day" anymore, If I arrive with my Griz on the trailer, each one goes Oh Sh*t!!! or something even worse!
Very touchy these Yummy dealers are!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dealer says I need a new fan, says the old on when off the bike and put on a 12volt battery spins unevenly and erratically.

Should I put on a new Yamaha OEM fan or should I put on a Highlifter heavier duty fan? any Ideas or experience???

·
Registered
701 Posts
Depends how much each on costs? If the OEM is cheaper and last a good number of Kilometers then I would just use a stock one again.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Depends on what kind of riding you do. If you have not had a problem so far other than this time with it over heating im not sure I would spend the money on the High Lifter one. Just my thinking behind it though. Good luck any way you go seems like you are needing it. Sorry to see all this that has been going on with your grizz Beast.

Mike

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'd go with the heavy duty one,,,its always been my way of thinking if something goes bad,and there is a better one available,i'm usually willing to shell the extra duck'its for the upgrade

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Rand / Dollar exchange is about R6.80 to a Dollar.
The OEM Yamaha fan here is R 1,400.00 about $205.00

The Highlifter one is $79.99 and about $80 postage to SA. about R 1088.00

So the high lifter is cheaper, it may just take much longer to get here.

So I think I will go with the quickest one!!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Beast,

Mate for that sort of money I would email a supplier in the US and get prices for USPS air freight. The fan would be small and so should not cost much. If you Google "USPS" they have caculators on the site that go by weight for different shipping rates, I would be surprised if you could not get the fan inside 12 days and save a packet.

When i bought my winch from the US it was US$150.00 for shipping but it weighed 20 odd kilograms!

If you like I could shoot you some info on the USPS site.

Cheers Noel

1 - 9 of 9 Posts