Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the bride out for her first ride on the week-end. She took it pretty steady but she is getting the hang of it. One thing I noticed is that the Grizzly made her look very small, Kathy is only tiny anyway but still from a distance she looked more like a little doll perched ontop of the Grizz.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Glad to see you are getting your Sheila into riding! My sheila is not really into it? I am working on her though! She didn't like snowmobiling at first either! But now she does. Hey interceptor, did you win that contest on stock tires? What were the other guys running on theirs? Have you had a time you wished you had better tires or are the stockers good enough for you?....Irv

·
Registered
270 Posts
Is your name not Bruce? That'll cause a bit of confusion. Mind if we call you Bruce to keep things straight?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Irv,

Yeah I was on standard issue (for Australia anyway) Tires they are cheng tires made in taiwan! I have only had the Grizzly for a cou;ple of months now so I haven't been in a predicament that needed more than the Grizzly can deliver.
The other Grizz was olso on stock tires, I think the others were as well. Most everyone here uses the quads for hunting transport so mud racing is only a once a year event although I heard a rumour that they may allow us to hold some fun races on the speedway curcuit at the speedway meets that will start next month.

Grizzly NJ,

What The!!! No my name is not Bruce? it is Noel, who is Bruce? or am I missing a location joke?

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
270 Posts
Irv said Shelia... I know that is slang for woman. The Bruce line is from an old Monty Python comedy skit. There is a buch of Australian teachers and they are all named Bruce. The new guy comes in and he is named Bob or something and they all get flustered because apparently the joke is everyone in Australia is named Bruce.

Jim

·
Registered
270 Posts
Here is the Bruce skit... but keep in mind the Australian accent when reading it!!!

"The Bruces Sketch" from Monty Python's Flying Circus:

Second Bruce: G'day, Bruce!

First Bruce: Oh, Hello Bruce!

Third Bruce: How are you Bruce?

First Bruce: A bit crook, Bruce.

Second Bruce: Where's Bruce?

First Bruce: He's not 'ere, Bruce.

Third Bruce: Blimey, it's hot in here, Bruce.

First Bruce: Hot enough to boil a monkey's bum!

Second Bruce: That's a strange expression, Bruce.

First Bruce: Well Bruce, I heard the Prime Minister use it. 'It's hot enough to boil a monkey's bum in here, your Majesty,' he said and she smiled quietly to herself.

Third Bruce: She's a good Sheila Bruce, and not at all stuck up.

Second Bruce: Here! Here's the boss-fellow now! - how are you Bruce?

(Enter fourth Bruce with English person, Michael)

Fourth Bruce: 'Ow are you, Bruce?

First Bruce: G'day Bruce!

Fourth Bruce: Bruce.

Second Bruce: Hello Bruce.

Fourth Bruce: Bruce.

Third Bruce: How are you, Bruce?

Fourth Bruce: G'day Bruce.

Fourth Bruce: Gentleman, I'd like to introduce a chap from Pommeyland who is joinin' us this year in the philosophy department at the University of Walamaloo.

Everybruce: G'day!

Michael: Hello.

Fourth Bruce: Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce. Michael Baldwin, Bruce.

First Bruce: Is your name not Bruce?

Michael: No, it's Michael.

Second Bruce: That's going to cause a little confusion.

Third Bruce: Mind if we call you 'Bruce' to keep it clear?

Fourth Bruce: Gentlemen, I think we better start the faculty meeting. Before we start, though, I'd like to ask the padre for a prayer.

First Bruce: Oh Lord, we beseech Thee, Amen!!

Everybruce: Amen!

Fourth Bruce: Crack the tubes! (Sound of cans opening) Now I call upon Bruce to officially welcome Mr. Baldwin to the philosophy faculty.

Second Bruce: I'd like to welcome the pommey ******* to God's own Earth, and remind him that we don't like stuck-up sticky-beaks here.

Everybruce: Hear, hear! Well spoken, Bruce!

Fourth Bruce: Bruce here teaches classical philosophy, Bruce there teaches Haegelian philosophy, and Bruce here teaches logical positivism, and is also in charge of the sheep dip.

Third Bruce: What's New-Bruce going to teach?

Fourth Bruce: New-Bruce will be teaching political science, Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett, and Bernaud.

Second Bruce: Those are all cricketers!

Fourth Bruce: Aww, spit!

Third Bruce: Howls of derisive laughter, Bruce!

Everybruce: Australia, Australia, Australia, Australia, we love you amen!

Fourth Bruce: Another tube! (Sound of cans opening) Any questions?

Second Bruce: New-Bruce, are you a Poofta?

Fourth Bruce: Are you a Poofta?

Michael: No!

Fourth Bruce: No. Right, I just want to remind you of the faculty rules: Rule One!

Everybruce: No Pooftas!

Fourth Bruce: Rule Two, no member of the faculty is to maltreat the Abbos in any way at all -- if there's anybody watching...... Rule Three?

Everybruce: No Pooftas!!

Fourth Bruce: Rule Four, now this term, I don't want to catch anybody not drinking..... Rule Five,

Everybruce: No Pooftas!

Fourth Bruce: Rule Six, there is NO ... Rule Six!... Rule Seven,

Everybruce: No Pooftas!!

Fourth Bruce: Right, that concludes the readin' of the rules, Bruce.

First Bruce: This here's the wattle, the emblem of our land. You can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand.

Everybruce: Amen!

First Bruce: Right, let's get some Sheilas.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
LMAO....The wife really did not like riding also but now that she has her own she will go almost anyplace I will. She just is not real keen on the faster pace riding, rather have a slower rock crawling pace. **** in September we are going to Moab to check out the trails around there.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grizzly NJ,

RAOTFLMAO, very funny.

Xtremegriz,

Kathy is a bit the same, slow and steady. She fairly freaked when I took off for the first lap in the mud bog, she has never seen me opening the Blue Meanie up and I think the mud just added too the whole thing for her it was flying everywhere.

Tindy,

Yeah mate Kathy was hanging pretty tight but I am sure she will open the Grizz up once she has a little more time in the seat.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
270 Posts
Bruce.. er, Noel... This should be your signature....

This here's the wattle, the emblem of our land. You can stick it in a bottle, you can hold it in your hand. Amen!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts