Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

The new Grizzly has been anounced

5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  rider11x 
#1 ·
Evidently it's an 850 V-twin with EFI. I don't have all the specs yet but it has a whole new body and chasis design.

#4 ·
Can't put anything over on the BEAST.

#7 ·
not funny

#8 ·
Don't you guys believe in the power of suggestion.

#9 ·
Starky, i was jacked to read that post in fact i did a double take and came back real quick to take a look! Thanks a lot!!! LOL later Marinegriz

#10 ·
Starky, I read the title of the topic, made a couple calls and sold my Grizz over the phone, then I read on a little more. Can I borrow your quad until the new one comes out? It's all your fault you know! LOL

#11 ·
Starky, there is such a machine as you suggested! well almost anyway, it's called a Bombardier Outlander XL 800 EFI !

In 2004, a South African rider called Cornell De Villiers won the Paris to Dakar rally (12000km/s) on a Bombardier DS650. Last year he won the local National Championship on the same quad. This year he is riding a Bombardier Outlander XL 800 EFI in the nationals (he is currently in 8th position).
He is treating this years Nationals as training for the 2007 Paris to Dakar.
He will be racing on a Bombardier Outlander XL 800 EFI .

#12 ·
I bet that machine isn't stock.

#13 ·
His DS650 was modified too. He was a "privateer" had no back up, a fellow South African with KTM, carried spares for him on the KTM truck. he did all his own repairs at night and rode all day!
Quite some achievement. If you look at the pic below, you can see the rear fenders are fuel tanks and the nerf bars are oil tanks etc etc etc
Of 58 Quads that started in Paris that year, only he finished!!

#14 ·
I have a new Bombardier 800 XT at moment it is completely stock but it is one f**k of a machine the power is awesome, wheelie staight out of the box in high gear. Have beaten all ATV contenders whatever mods they have! I still love my Griz and will not let it go until the new Griz contender is announced. Don't all get hot under the collar and start defending the Griz, I have said it is GREAT but there is a GREATER machine out there at the moment! As you know I really punish the Grizz and up till now the Bomb has been able to cope with most I throw at it but not all. I have already been temporarily banned from Outlander Forum for raising a few minor Bomb problems. These guys cannot take any critism at all without crying to thier mothers!

GrizzlySpain

#15 ·
The 06 Griz is already 3 or 4 years old, I would hope that somebody has come up with something better. I wish it would be Yamaha but that's yet to be determined.
Grizspain we're not going to attack you because you found something you like better than the Griz, in fact we welcome the comparison.

#16 ·
Maybe I'm just gettin old or something! I am not sure I want or need more power than I already have in the 660. As I use it more and get used to it perhaps that will change. Just thinking out loud guys!

#17 ·
You're right, I just can't see needing any more power than I'm already getting out of the Grizzly. Besides, those 800s are a lot heavier and they cost a lot more. Where's the advantage?

#19 ·
this thread is a bad joke that just won't go away! lol!!!

#20 ·
The LE model has a supercharger on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.