Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My Maxxis Bighorn radials are now about 20 months old and have about 6000km on them. The rears really could do with replacing soon.
I noticed that 3 of my rims are no longer "perfectly round" on at least one of their sides. (But **** I had fun!). So I thought I may get these Maxxis rims too. I think they look cool and I know I LOVE the Bighorn Radials. What do you guys think? Does anyone have them fitted on their Grizz?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Rim Only

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I went with maxxis,,, but a little different style,,,, they seem like a good rim but im sure I will never be as hard on them as everyone else on here would be,,,, the ones your looking at look good ,,,, I went with mine because they look like the rims on my toyota,,,,,just my two cents but I would say go for it,,,,,,, ,,,,,, ,,,, cg

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I am waiting to see if the local importer brings them in and how much they are. Often here in South Africa they charge about 5 times more that the US $ price. I know I battled to get my Bighorns, I had to wait and I paid a premium! This is why i am planning now for 3 months time when I know I will need them!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Can I buy them for you and send them there cheaper? It's gotta be cheaper than 5x what we pay. THats just crazy.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Hey doolin,,, I'm not really needing a set , but if your buying I will let you buy me a set and send them this way,,,,,, thanks in advance,,, ,,, ,,,,, ,,,, cg

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thats nice of you Doolin! But if you are going to do that for Beast you better do that for all of us on here! Well just CG and myself for sure.LOL
Beast, those are great looking wheels but check out these too, you may like them even more? The Vision 161's or 159's. Good Luck......Irv
http://www.atvoutfitters.net/vision_wheels.htm

·
Registered
28 Posts
My stock wheels lasted about three weeks with the rock crawling me and my riding buddies do. I went with ITP-T5-SERIES-WHEELS. The edges are thick and the rims are really tough. Look good too!

·
Registered
73 Posts
The new Hi-Lifter XL2 wheels have my eye. Why don't you buy a set and take a picture so I can see what they look like. : ) j/k. Those pictured don't look to shabby either.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Koko,

thanks I really do appreciate the offer!!
I know the shipping will be a killer.
I often buy off ebay etc and shipping normally takes about 3-4 months to get here!! With rims the weight would be a killer. I once asked for a quote for a motovan rear seat box and front box US dollar price was $179 (Rands 1165)however the quote shipped (air only) here was US $1692(Rands 11000)from Rocky Mountain ATV.
So I made my own rear box and strapped a cussion to it.

Irv, those vision rims look good too, I doubt they are available here. Utility ATV's are not big here and 95% of them are kept dead standard!!

I know I can get ITP rims here, but the "sole importer" only sells them with ITP tyres on them and I want bighorns.

The only other rims I have seen available here are DG RokStar rims, not bad, just not verry exiting!

http://www.douglaswheel.com/atv/atv-utility-wheels.phtml

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Beast, that Maxxis tire and rim combo looks great. If you can get them, go for it. That shipping is unreal.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yeah shipping is just downright crazy. Wish I could think of a better way to get stuff there to you and make it more affordable.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I like the ITP type 6 Rims as they are great for sidewall protection with thir rim design. Use them with my 26" Bighorns and I love the tire and rim.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts