Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into purchasing 27" or 28" mud tires for my '03 Grizzly. With the larger tires, will I absolutely need a lift kit (I am looking at the xtreme products lift).I am concerned about the durability of lift kits. Also, with the larger tires will I need a clutch kit ( if so which clutch kit is best for my Grizzly). I absolutely do not want any peformance loss whatsoever. I don't want to create more problems than I am gaining benefits from these modifications.
Any help,suggestions,and/or advice anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Grizzkin

·
Registered
462 Posts
you can get by without the lift for the 27",,,but the 28" will definatly rub

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have 28 super swamper edls I clear every thing but about a quarter of an inch by the floor board, I took a razor blade and just trimed it up a little works fine I also went to dalton pro clutch kits and bought one of their clutch kits it gave me back about 95 percent of the power I lost and was very easy to install

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
i would also recommend getting wheel spacers if you go with the 28's for added stability.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
You can't put on bigger tires and not expect to lose some performance. It's the old "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction" thing. The clutch kit should bring back your bottom end loss but will take away some of the top end.

From what I understand, and I may be wrong here, but EPI makes the clutch kits for High Lifter. If you go straight to EPI you will save a little money. They also make different kits depending on what you plan to do with your machine. A sport/utility and a full utility for the hard working Griz.

Good luck with the mods.

·
Registered
462 Posts
if your going to go with 28's,,,it will also probably be in your best intrest to go to a 14" rim to get away from the spongy feeling of the amount of sidewall 28's have,,,27's is boarderline,,,but i still wish i had gone to a 14" rim in retrospec

1 - 7 of 7 Posts