Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right all of you slimemisters. Whatdayathink? I live in Utah home of the nasty cactus, sharp rocks,....(you know the drill..you all have the same stuff at your house-0K maybe not the cactus). I have ordered new ITP 12" type C,serics 7 wheels and 25" Big Horn Radials from Rocky Mountain ATV. (They are still backordered) I asked them to put in the PJ1 tire sealant. I realized I don't know much about the PJ1Slimey thing and would love a summary of all of your expansive wisdom on the subject.

1. Should I slime my tires?

2. Are all brands of slime the same?

Is PJ1, Slime, Highjacker snot, coyote crap, and monkey brains all the same for filling holes in your tires? Will this cause a mess and rot my wheels, tires, jockey shorts, and mind? (Probably too late for the mind.)

·
Registered
162 Posts
it has saved me more than once ... 50 miles from home its worth 100.00 per tire

·
Registered
339 Posts
I am not familular with the PJ1 stuff but there are major differences in brands of tire sealant. Would I use it? Sure I believe it's good points out weigh the bad for my situation. The general negatives to it are weight added and messy when you change tires.

I use stuff called TXT from Sparty/Simonize and have had no problems with it in three years. The main concerns I had were it could not freeze at a reasonable temperature below 0 and would not harm wheels, this brand fit the bill for me.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I've used the green slime on tires with slow leaks and it corrected the problem. It's a mess when you change your tires.

·
Registered
162 Posts
i will agree it is a mess when you change them

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I also use the green slime,,,, I would have a flat everyday without it,,,never even have a low tire with it,,,,, I havent broken down a tire with it in it, but im sure it is a mess,,,,,on a riding mower I used to have it had flats on it all them time,,, on the new mower I slimed the tires,, two seasons now and no flats,,,,, ,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, cg

·
Registered
144 Posts
Country grizz, what size tires you running on the mower? Any mods, good places too mow?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I use slime in my tyres, It have saved me plenty times!!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
CG, if you drink that stuff you will probably see a green fairy.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I know I am always getting off topic, but starky, dont you owe us a few green fairy stories, or did I miss them somewhere,,,,

bevergriz,,,, as much time as I spend on the mower you would think that It would have a bunch of mods but is actually stock,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I don't think we drank enough of it to see the fairy, we were to skeered. We're going to have a big blow out when I get home and then we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am not completely sure about drinking the slime stuff. Tell me again...how big of a hole does it plug???

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
6-7mm diameter of a large roofing nail!
Will not repair a sidewall!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
It's good for punctures but not big tears. Although if you do get a sidewall tear and you have a bunch of plgs to stick in it, it will help seal what the plugs don't.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Starky I have 6-7 plugs in my sidewalls, and I am also sure that the combination of the plug and slime is the reason some off those sidewall plugs are over a year old and are sealed up tight!!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Those tires must look like a porkupine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts