Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm trying to find out what the top speed of the 06' grizzly is. Oh yeah, the 06' is completely stock... Thanks...

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've hit 67 on my '06SE, but that was based on the factory speedo which has been said to be off 2-3mph. Ran out of road pretty quick and it was still climbing when I shut'r down.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
It's the exact same as the 05. When it's new it will get up to 67-69. After about a month it will drop down to the 63-66 range. The drop in top speed could be from the intake valves tightening up, just keep that in mind when you see a loss of top speed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have gotten 60mph so far with a stock machine, stock tires, 600 miles on it. This is with speedo it came with. Will use a gps unit to check it for accuracy someday!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
One time I hit 69 but I had a pretty good wind at my back. For the most part, 67 was the top speed until I hit the 200 mile speed drop off. I put on bigger tires at the same time I had the valves adjusted so I don't know if the top speed would have come back up.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Haven't touched mine.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Haven't touched mine either........

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Ditto...........

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Are you talking about the screw on the back of the throttle assembly?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I never heard of a rev limiter have a setting screw. Where is it located?

·
Registered
8 Posts
OH. OK. I have always called that a throttle set screw/throttle stop.

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
I've got a touch over 1000 miles on mine; the best it'll do is 62 mph on flat, level ground with no tailwind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts