Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I need to tow my grizz from the front, and I don't have a winch, where do you tie the rope ? Which part of the front bumper is good for this ?

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
NONE

Find somewhere away from the front bumper, maybe one of the chassis bars?

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
The Grizzly bumper is a piece of crap at best. Also, don't ever use the winch (when you get one) for towing unless it's an emergency. You can tie to the frame where the winch mounts but I wouldn't use that for trying to jerk it out of a hole.
Usually the Grizzly is the towing vehicle and not the vehicle being towed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...ok, but let's say that you have to tow it. What to do ? Even Grizzlys need to be towed sometimes. There are no instructions from Yamaha about this ?
I think we should have a solution for such situation.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Elie, the guys are correct!!
Do NOT use the bumper.
I have a warn winch and I use the warn mounting plate. I leave 2 shackles connected to the sides of the mounting plate. I use this to tie the Griz to the trailer and also to tow/pull and also as an anchor point when I double up my winch line!

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I have a Montana Jacks receiver system and with that I have a "d" ring and a stinger that goes directly into the receiver. Works sweet and it is solid. Link to example:

http://www.montanajacks.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=37

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I will be preparing it for the emergency front pulling like you recommended.
Thx again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts