Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As luck would have it, my gf, who used to be in the printing industry, has lots of knoweldge and contacts related to the printing of T-shirts. So that much is covered. What we need now is a design. Even though I want to keep colors to a minimum, let's just work on getting a layout that everybody likes, and I'll then work on minimizing the colors to make it affordable. First... we can't use any of Yamaha's trademarked logos, such as the bear or any of the Grizzly lettering from the ATV itself. At most we can use a photo of the machine, and probably a grizzly bear should we wish. Claw marks are fine too as long as they aren't the same as Yamaha's. I'm thinking the photo should be on the back, with the name and URL, and then on the front, on the left at pocket level (no pocket) would be Grizzly Owners Forum and the URL. I personally am not into T-shirts with pockets. Next...color. What color shirt do you want? This will be a small enough order that I can only get one color... e.g. white, red, black, etc. I'm leaing towards white or gray, as black would be very hot to try to wear during the Summer months... but that's just my opinion. Sizes... S, M, L, XL, XXL? Not sure. Assume standard sizing such as from Haines or whatever, for the time being. If everybody would reply with the following: - Size you would want
- Quantity of each size
- Color choice if you had one (I'll use this to determine what color to get)
It'd help me get an idea of how to order the various sizes. This is NOT a committment to order, just a survey. I also plan to have stickers made up at the same time. Pricing... nothing is firm yet, but my target price is $20 per shirt (plus shipping) and that will include two stickers. If you want stickers and no shirt, I'm hoping for $5 for two stickers and I'll include the shipping on those.. I hope I can keep it that cheap; I won't know until we have a layout we want to run with. How does this sound? Rob

·
Registered
701 Posts
- Size you would want

XXL

- Quantity of each size

- Color choice if you had one (I'll use this to determine what color to get)

Grey. White gets dirty too easy and the other colors are too hot in the summer. I don't care for Tshirts with pockets either.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Rob,

sounds like you've got it rolling. Designing the graphics seems to be the tough part. In the other thread I posted one idea, some of the others have posted ideas that sound good as well. Commiting to one and having it drawn out, then posted for all to admire seems to be the bottle neck here. I took my idea to a local screener. He still has yet to "find the time" to work something up.

20 bucks a pop sounds reasonable to me. Gray over white, white won't stay that way long and gray will hide some abuse. Of course depending on the final product I would probably be in for a least 2. Both in XL.

Scott

·
Registered
50 Posts
1 XL, you decide color, no way you can please everyone, but if you want to try, I'll take mine in CAMO or OD. Told you so. Chuck

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Rob;

Sounds real good so far!

XL (2) Maybe 3

Grey

·
Registered
270 Posts
Olive drab actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. I like that color on shirts. It is not too hot and it definately hides wear. It would also give the shirt an outdoor feel and look. I can't tell you how many white and grey shirts I have sitting in drawers I never wear. I'd probably be in for 1 XL.

Jim

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Sounds like this is starting to get off the ground lads.

I would be up for 2 @XL and [email protected]

I like grey, no pocket, although I think the olive drab would grow in me nicely.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
34 Posts
i would like 1 xxl in grey or o.d..

·
Registered
50 Posts
2 xl
1 l
color. yellow...something bright that will be noticed.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I appreciate everybody's input on color, size and quantity. Please keep it coming!

Also... any suggestions for what the artwork should look like? I have a couple of my own photos I'm trying to scale down in color to look decent, but I'd like to see your photos as well.

What I'd like to do is make up several examples and post 'em here and have people vote on 'em.

Rob

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Sounds like a plan Rob, maybe should start another thread for t-**** pics.

Sure wish I had some good rock crawling pics but don't have much of anything for pics right now.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
would be interested in 2 shirts---XL in size,,,,, gray or olive drab would work for me,,,, also the no pockets works,,,, ,,,, countrygrizz

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Where are we at on the T-shirt deal. I would be in for a couple.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Rob I would want 2 as well, one for "Beauty and" and one for myself. M and XL

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I may need 4 now that Mrs. Starky has joined up.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
1 XL and a small for the young lad if possible, Grey or Black would be ok for me, i prefer no outside pocket either.......Irv

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
How are we going with the shirts Rob?

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Has anyone heard from Rob lately?

I have not been on much myself. I have a friend who could do the shirts if need be!

Cheers Noel

1 - 20 of 105 Posts