Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed on mine that the check hose fills with water after going through a puddle that isn't much past the foot rests? I didn't think water would get in there unless you were up past the fenders? Have you guys noticed this as well? Do you think that water is just getting in the check hose at the check hose? I have checked all the clamps and they all seem tight and i never get any water out of the clutch drain hole. I could empty this thing after every puddle i go through! Is there anything to worry about or is this normal? Maybe i will try a tie-wrap really tight around it and see if that stops it? It is located on the front left side behind the tire/wheel....Thanks in advance......Irv

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sounds like you should check the connection out between the duct and the belt case a little better. Maybe pull it off and check the rubber out for a split or maybe it just isn't attached completly correct.

Also check the rear connection for the same problems.

I often find a little water inside the tube, maybe about 1/2 full, and I believe it comes in from splasing water up under the hood. I have taken both ducts off and placed a little sealer on them before installing them back on the transmission.

Try a test, drive it slow into water up over the case and let it sit for a little then check the tube out to see if water is in it.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks dk, i just went out to the garage with a squirt bottle/mister and sprayed around the check hose and after a few light squirts of water/mist my check hose started to fill with water! I guess that so called squeeze clamp doesn't squeeze so well? I am going to try a gear clamp or a tie-wrap and see if any gets in there? I have checked all my connections and they are real tight so i have the feeling the gear clamp will stop it from coming in?....Irv

·
Registered
462 Posts
Irv,,,,what do you mean by "check hose"?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The check hose is on the left front side behind the wheel( sitting on the quad) You will notice a small clear tube/hose attached to your V-belt duct tube. It also shows this hose in your owners manual, i was just curiouos because it seemed to fill up with water fairly easy. I put a gear clamp on it now and it keeps out most of the water. I think it was just taking enough water to fill that tube up and that was it. Not a big deal, i was just curious........Irv

·
Registered
462 Posts
ahh,thanx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts