Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video is from August 7th. A group of us (around 20) went riding. But before we met up with everyone. A few of us met early in the morning for a more spirited ride. We left around 7:45 am and by 9am we had close to 20 miles (32.2 kilometers) on the odometers. Not too bad. One of the guys we ride with uses a hemlet cam and put together this 5 minute video. When watching the video it will display "koko" and thats me the camera guy is following. As well when it displays "Golide Superchunk McDumpy" (inside joke with my friends) on the screen it's me he's following. at the 3min 40sec mark theres a good shot of me cresting a rock face. Right click and save please.

www.northeastatvers.com/uploads/7aug05.wmv

Koko

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Doolin, i can't get the video link to work? It doesn't do anything when i pass the mouse over it and click?.......Irv (Great pics by the way)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about that. I forget this forum doesn't support html links. Copy and paset the link into your browser and you should be all set.

·
Registered
224 Posts
AWESOME videos!! I hope you don't mind I copied all of them to my computer and watched...man it makes me want to go scream down a trail. I can't drive like that anymore as my wife's back is in bad shape..

I am actually wanting to get a rhino instead for slow speed crusing/hauing crap

·
Registered
224 Posts
AWESOME videos!! I hope you don't mind I copied all of them to my computer and watched...man it makes me want to go scream down a trail. I can't drive like that anymore as my wife's back is in bad shape..

I am actually wanting to get a rhino instead for slow speed crusing/hauing crap

·
Registered
270 Posts
OK... I want one of thsoe helmet cams!!!!

1) Where did you get it?
2) How much was it?
3) How does it hook up?

If I didn't know better, I would swear that is the same area we go riding in, but I know it isn't. I'm in NJ.

I've been out all summer after hand surgery but I get my cast off Monday and then start rehab. I've really been itching to go riding and now after these videos I am even more so!

Unfortunately, my buddy who broke his leg quading last March (I told you guys), well he was about 3 weeks away from going back to 100% and he broke his femur/hip on vacation when he fell on the concrete edge of a pool last week... so he is out all over again!

Doolin.. How far are you from NJ, maybe I'll come up and ride with you? So long as you aren't a dreaded Red Sux fan!!!

Jim

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Doolin, you guys are animals!LOL. How many rims, flats do you guy's get? You seemed to be going pretty fast and i was waiting for the "Crash" There was a scene earlier that looked like you came pretty close to clipping that tree? They looked like trails i ride up here in Norland Ontario only i have a lot more steeper hills which makes it real technical and slow. It looks like you guys had a blast! Great video and ride how ever you like, it just seemed fast to me but then again i haven't been quading for very long either. Take care and ride safe.......Irv

·
Registered
49 Posts
I want to know What type of helmet cam are you using? Thats some great video.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Grizzly NJ,

I believe this is the camera my friend uses.
http://www.sportzshot.com/helmet_cameras_faqs.htm
It plugs into his mini dv camcorder and he just wheres a small backpack.
Here's another brand. http://www.viosport.com/
I'm about 4 hours from Northern NJ. Sorry to hear that about you friend :(
But you're more than welcome to ride with us up here.

Irv, believe it or not theres not too many flats. We had one on my friends Ricon with 589's and one a Raptor with stock tires so far this year. We do zip through the woods. Thats why we went early in the morning and did that ride. Because the rest of the people we ride with like to just cruise alo. So we goet it out of ours systems in the morning.

Iowa see the links above for the camera. We have a trip planned to Hattfield Maccoy in West Virginia come November. We should have some good vids from that one!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Thanks for the info. The site says they are temporarily closed for business and not taking orders. I'll have to look around. Thanks.

I'll let you know about a ride someday. I'm still about a month or so away from riding due to my injury/surgery.

Oh, and you conveniently left out if you were a Red Sox fan. ;)

Jim

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hey Koko,

Great Video, nice riding!!!

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Love the video dooling only took me little over a hour to downlaod it on dial up..lol

What kind of editing program are you using, I take some vido of riding not on helmet cam but would like to put it on the PC but not real sure what is the best program for editing. Im wanting to add in sound and text like you guys have on that vid.

BTW did I say how sweet it was. If I ever get mine on the PC I will have to post a link to it, me and a freind have some vid of us jumping over the top of each other, him on a XR400 dirt bike and me on a Banshee.

Mike

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Glad you all liked the vid. I'll have to find out what software my friend uses. He does all the videotaping and editing.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Well I haven't seen your license plate, but I am guessing you like that team that ruined baseball history and lore last year. Ugh... I guess everyone has a dirty secret.

Jim

1 - 20 of 26 Posts