Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought I would post a pic of the warn bumper with some brush/stone guards on the lights,,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Looks good countrygrizz

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Do you have a winch on there somewhere? I guess if you did you would have to cut a hole in something for the cable to come through.
It looks great.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
winch is still to come ,,, plan on puting a receiver type mount on ft. and back,,, that way i can get it up high so i can see the cable and out of mud and snow,,, will probably leave it in back if it cuts the air flow dowm much,,,, ,,,,,,,, cg

·
Registered
462 Posts
where did you get the stone guards for the trail lights in the bumper? i looked all over for them and couldnt find them anywhere

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is just some diamond mesh that I welded inside the bumper,,,the way my lights are mounted are different that the kit that comes with the light,,,instead of using the plastic spacers, I used a piece of one inch sq. tubing,,,, and sloted the holes so I could space them back just a hair,,,,that way it leaves room for the diamond mesh,,,,,,,, be prepared to paint your bumper if you do it,,,, even just tacking it for a split second will bubble the paint,,,,,, good luck,,,, ,,, ,,,, ,,, cg

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Hey CG what do you have behind the original grill in the middle there. Looks like three little squares. Is it more lights or just the way the picture was taken, or is it just me? lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
bummer,maybe i'll wait until mine gets all scratched up and ratty looking,and i'll do what you did when i already need to repaint,,,,the powder coating from the factory seems to be holding up amazingly well

i was concerned about catching a stone in one of the lamps,because they are lower than th stock headlights,,,that mesh looks exactly like what i was looking for

thanx for the tip Country Grizz

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
xtreme,,,, I guess it is just the way the flash bounced off the stock diamond mesh in behind the grill,,,,,I never noticed it till you said something,,, ,,,,,, hoopharted,,,, painting it was no problem, I did put a ton of paint on it, but it has been through a lot of brush and some feed fields where you couldnt even see the grizz and is still holding up good,,, when I get everything on like I want I think I might have some bedliner sprayed on it,,,,, ,,,, ,, , cg

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great work CG, your Grizz is looking pretty trick!...Irv

1 - 10 of 10 Posts