Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the warn bumper in,,, typical e-bay thing,, no instructions and missing the mounting brackets and the mounting rods or what ever it takes to mount the light kit,,,, I made some plate to mount it to and drilled the inserts out of the bumper and bolted it on like that,, used some one inch sq. tubing to drop the lights down low enough to work,,, Im thinking it is probaly better than if I would have had the brackets,,, I called the guy and he said he would call warn and have them send me some,,, im guessing I will never see them,,,,,,pics to follow,,,,,,, by the way,, that is not coffee in the can in the rack,, it is cattle fly dust,,, ,,, ,,,, ,,, cg

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
pic of the 1 plate to hold the bumper on,, it is real solid but not sure how it is supposed to be ,,,,

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Nice job cg, you got your Grizz looking pretty good!.......Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hey Countrygrizz,

You did it right. I have the Warn Bumper too (from Warn, Packaged with instructions etc)

There is no bracket for the lamps with the bumper. The bracket comes with the Warn trail ligjts seperately. All the bumper has is 2 holes above each lamp cut out!

All it is, is 4 long bolts with a few plastic spacers, some washers and nuts!

I hope this helps!!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Great post GC,

I agree the grizz is looking awesome.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great Pics so far, can you get any of the front?? I am seriously looking into getting one, and the last one I ordered was from pre 01 grizz cuz it had the posts on the bottom and wouldn't line it at all with my bumper... but I need someting HD cus I ram the **** out of things....
anyway, can you post some of the front views etc.. thanks

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
welcome to the forum lifsvr7,,,,, i got a few pics of the ft in my profile,,, check them out and see if it is what your looking for,,,,, ,,,,,,,,cg

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
countrygrizz, good lookin bumper! I'm wondering about the brush guard I guess...the part that covers the headlights, what kind is that/ where might somone be able to find somethin like that??

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Countrygrizz, is that a Montana Jacks receiver system you have? I have one on my 2005 and one on my sons 2000 Grizzly and use it and love it.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rat,, the headlight guard is from yamaha,, not sure if they still make it or not,,,,,

grizzinator,,,, the receiver system is homemade,,, I'm too cheap to buy one,,,, so far it works great except it weighs a ton,,, ,, ,,, ,,, cg

·
Registered
22 Posts
TY... man I gotta tell ya that is one bad a$$ lookin machine! I see I have some catchin up to do... lol

·
Registered
152 Posts
The powder coating was flaking off my Warn bumper, So I decide to sand blast it and I coated with that Dupli-color Bed coating you can buy in the automotive section at Walmart. It has the rough finish like the Grizzly racks. A couple days of work and It came out fine. I also added a new set of fog light I also pick up from Wally World. New silver metalic stickers I found on ebay finishes it off.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Yeah,

Looks good mate.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
256 Posts
I love your bumper Bayou Griz. It's the best looking one IMO

1 - 20 of 20 Posts