Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Lads,

I went for a ride yesterday after work, I took a few rums, fishing gear and bit of tucker.

The Barra did not want to play but I ended up with a great fire and peace and quiet did me some good. I found some great mud on the way back (in the dark) so I hope to get out there again soon with a mate and get some good mud pics.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Blue Meanie

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Hey interceptor,,, that last pic is good,,,,, since the beast got on a shirt, what are you trying for?,,,, a postcard,,, would make a good one,,,,of course it would look better with a big fish hanging up somewhere ,,,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,, cg

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great pics interceptor, they do look like a couple of postcards. Too bad the fish weren't biting though, sounds like my kind of luck! I got to ask though, what is Tucker? Food? Can't wait to see some mud pics.......Irv

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks lads,

Where I live is full of views like these, I went out again today (no pics) seen some beautiful beaches and even found fresh croc tracks. I am going out after work tomorrow, I will take my camera this time.

Irv, yeah mate tucker = food, I had a BBQ chicken and a few rums.

CG, the fish can be pretty funny up here, all over you one day and no where to be found the next. I am going over to a river this week end, I might have some good fish pics then (no Grizz though).

I am taking my mate Grub (he also has a Grizz) out to the mud this week one day after work, should get some good pics.

Glad you like the pics.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up Interceptor, I figured it was food.
I would love to have some of that weather you are having! We haven't had much of a winter here in Southern Ontario this winter! Very little snow and nothing but cold, damp, rainy wet weather, it is suppose to be back up to plus 7c by this Wednesday, Thursday with rain again. It sucks big time! I wish it would either snow or warm up and I am ready for it to warm up now. I would love to come to Australia and have a few Rums with ya,(I am having a few right now Hic!) I have heard it is an awesome place, My buddy was there quite a few years ago and stayed for a year and my niebors boy was down there last year with his girlfriend doing a sports/Physical Ed. program, he said he hated to come home but things were just way to expensive. Maybe some day? Take care......Irv

·
Registered
382 Posts
having a fire and drinking some beers by the water has always been my fav thing to do interceptor...you're right its very relaxing...something about staring into the fire seems to make all your probs go away for a little while...being able to go to a place like that on your Grizz really adds to the whole thing.

looks like you're using a Uncle Josh pork rhind bait there, did you get that from CG?

heh heh heh one of these days he's gonna kick the crap outta me!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Irv,

We are in the middle of our wet season at the moment, it started pretty good but we have not had rain for a week now. If you ever want to come over just let me know your coming and I will clear a space for you.

Grizznizzle,

I agree mate, nothing better then relaxing near an open fire and just chillin!

The lure is a Gold Bomber, they are standard kit for the Barra up here, Hopefully I will get a few on the week end to show.

I have just spoke to a mate of mine and he has organised for a few other lads to meet up tomorrow afternoon to get into the mud, a couple of Grizzly's a Polaris or two and maybe a Honda.........Should be grouse!!

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Hey Noel, I was checking out the rod resting on the blue meanie, looks like a shimano crucial with a culcutta 200 reel on it?

·
Registered
382 Posts
**** these guys know their fishin equipment! my mention of the "uncle josh pork rhind" was a joke...those "lures" were around back in the 70's..I'm not even sure they still make em...I bet CG would know :)

...Interceptor whenever I go fishin the only thing I ever catch is red eyes!

G

·
Registered
382 Posts
Oh yeah and my mention of how nice it is to sit by the fire with a beer or two...in case you were wondering CG yes the dolpins do make me cry! heh heh heh heh

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Beast,

Don't know how I missed this post, The rod is a 3 piece Daiwa Heartland and you were pretty good on the reel it is actually a Calcutta 251 left hand wind.

A mate of mine was fishing here last week end in his boat about 300yrds off the rocks and he had a pod of pilot whales come right up a play around his boat for about 20 minutes before they moved on. No pics but he was pretty happy.

Cheers Noel

1 - 12 of 12 Posts