Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new here. Been peaking in for awhile went ahead and joined and I love the place. OKAY let me get to the problem. I picked up a 01 grizzly 600 in trade for some backhoe labor. The machine has low hours and is in great shape. It needed a timing chain. I put in a big bore kit .50 over new chain, tensioner, cam and a new carb. Just fired it up for the first time today and it sounded amazing. I went to drive it AND IT WOULD NOT MOVE. primary looked good with a new dayco belt. So I went deeper. The **** wet clutch is gone almost straight metal. Okay no problem order a new one, well I can find them but I cant find a drum for the life of me. Yamaha has them for 300 bucks that's way to steep. My QUESTION is the drum is a little grooved up, y'all think I'll be okay just throwing a new clutch in? I seen some used drums on ebay for $125 but they had grooves to so if people are selling them like that I figure it might be okay? Can I get some thoughts here? Thanks guys. P.s anyone know of cheaper places to order parts for older machines like the 600? And the 600 and 660 parts look the same are they? THANK YOU ALL ant help is great

1 - 1 of 1 Posts