Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mileage 1886, Hours 168.2, Average MPH 11.21, Age of rider 50 years young.
Top Speed 67 MPH.

I was wondering what my average Miles Per Hour (MPH) was so I took my mileage 1886 miles (on a 2004 Grizzly) and divided it by the hours on the clock 168.2 and came up with an average MPH of 11.21 MPH. I am a very young 50 year old guy and was wondering how every one else was doing on average MPH and speed.

I realize that I do travel mostly technical trails and run slow over those. I do let the Grizzly idle while I am loading it to let it warm up. But I do travel many on the trails (getting to the technical trails) at a fairly good speed. We average 25-35 MPH depending on the terrain. I have also been known to "Let the big Grizz Eat" on good roads with speeds of 50-55 MPH. My top speed on a straight dirt road was 67 MPH. At that speed it left pucker marks on my seat and I had to pull my whitie tighties out with a pair of vice grips...But I Got 'er done!!

I am looking forward to your input. DGR

·
Registered
234 Posts
well i have 1900 kms and 144 hours so thats 13.2 kph or 1188 miles and 8.3 mph. now i know that we run on our trials, that can be traveled at higher speeds, around 30-50 kph or 20-30 mph and i also let the grizz warm a bit before letting it loose. my age is 32 and so far i havent really gotten a real top speed i had it up too about 55 mph and then backed out too fast for me on a machine meant for 4x4ing. hope thats what you want there DGR

brian

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You can't really divide the miles into the hours because, everytime you switch the Grizz on the clock/timer runs, weather the engine is running or not!

Kilometers 7486km, Hours 456, top speed 108km/h, 44 years old!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Beast Thanks for the post.
So 7486 km /1.609 = 4653 miles /456 hours= 10.2 average Miles Per Hour With a top speed of 67 MPH. Wow Beast..you really ride a lot. You have over twice the miles I do. The average MPH is diluted due to the hours running when the key is on, but it is still interesting. Thanks again.

Grizzlybrian Thanks for the post. I agree 55 MPH is fast enough. I only went 67 because this forum made me do it...

DGR

·
Registered
234 Posts
hey no prob there dgr i agree that some of the numbers may be diluted due to keys being on but then how many times is your key on for longer than like 15-20 seconds before your RIPPIN hehehe. ok dont jump down my throat im just bein a pest hahaha

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
DGR, I am a City Boy and work in an office, so I try to get out and ride at an off road club most weekends, Often I will ride on a Saturday and Sunday. I normally only put on about 20-40km per day. As a family we go away for a weekend at least once every 5 weeks for at least 2 days. then we ride a lot and I put on about 100km to 150km a day.

Some times I ride real easy and slow, with the family (Game Viewing etc) other times I let the testosterone get the better of me and I ride with my mates (they ride LTZ 400's and Raptor 700). Generally they can't keep up with me. Sure they beat me on the straight roads, but they fall back off road or on technical sections.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
another one of the mates!

·
Registered
234 Posts
now that looks like a good bunch of guys to ride with, and hey so what if there faster on the straights **** if you cant beat RUN EM OVER hahahah nice pics btw

·
Registered
28 Posts
my ride last Sat was 9am to 9:30pm----12.5 hours total
8.5 moving time, 14.8 average moving MPH, top speed was 48.5, 116.5 miles per my GPS.

45 years old, 788 total miles on my Grizzly since Dec 05

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Beast Great pictures. I can see how you put so many miles on your wheeler. Wow that is amazing 160-250 miles in a two day weekend. That is amazing. We probably average 50 miles a day usually 6-7 hours on the trail. We have exceeded 50 miles a day on several occasions. Both times my wife threatened not to ride with me any more.

I appreciate the pictures. I love riding my Grizz. But I love riding it more with friends and family.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another picture riding the high country. We can ride some passes above 10,000 feet elevation about 8 to 12 weeks a year. Depending on the amount of snow fall, tempatures in the spring and summer, and how soon the snow falls in the autum. This was one of those 85 mile rides last year.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
DGR,
Great pic thanks!!

I also love riding up in the mountains.

My pics were taken last weekend at a 4 star Game Reserve Resort. Every 3 months they have a Quad weekend and open up all the surrounding farms for a long 75 to 130km outride. Normally the "guys" ride it in the morning (ave speed of 75km/h. and then come back and BBQ for lunch then go out and do it again, this time with wives and kids, often 2 up on most quads, at an average of 25km/h. The we get back to the resort anf jum into to heated pool and jaccuzzi's !!

A tough life here in Africa!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I have, 108Km/h on the Grizz was 104km/h on the GPS

1 - 16 of 16 Posts