Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got tires and rims, I went with mudlite XTR and ITP type 7 rims. What is the next modification i should do? I ride alot of mud and water.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Sounds like depending on the depth of water might want to think of a snorkle plus make sure you waterproof your elec. connections with some elec. grease.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Xtreme is right, some good dielectric grease is in order, put it on all your electrical connections especially you front diff servo's and be carefull taking them apart, they can beak easy! The rest is up to you and how much money you want to spend. You can get a pipe, snorkel kit, clutch kit, after market air filter and flange, cdi box, power tip, 686 big bore kit, 2" lift, bumpers front and rear, I guess you don't need hand and thumb warmers LOL, elka shocks, rear seat, gps, highlifter rad, reverse over ride mod, etc. the list goes on and on, if you want it they probably have it?.......Irv

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what will a jet kit and a k&n airfilter do? thats what my mechanic wants to do next. and what type of jet kit should i put on? and with that do i need a new exhast tip?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
A Dyno-Jet kit will wake up the grizz, they come pretty rich from the factory. I am not a big fan of K&N but it will let more air and work with your jet kit. I would recommend a UNI or Twin-Air with the flange set-up before the K&N! Especially if it gets real dusty or you have a chance of getting it wet where you ride? You can get a power tip off of E-bay for about $40.00 bucks, make sure you have that and the new filter on before you do the re-jetting. Good luck and let us know how you make out........Irv

·
Registered
42 Posts
Not so much for water, mud or performance but bash plates, a-arm guards, bumpers, and hand guards will be great for protection and looks. See pics below.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Excuse the exhaust, still had 0 miles, warming up in on a very cold Colorado winter day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts