Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I will be changing the shock settings off and on all winter I would probably be better of with the corect wrench for adjusting the shocks.

I called the dealer I purchased the grizz from and he said they just use a genaric spanner wrench but that doesnt help to much. Do any of you know what size and the best place to purchase a wrench for adjusting the shocks.

·
Registered
462 Posts
thats a good question,,,,that i dont know the answer to,,,,did you try your owners manual,or repair manual?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Personally I use a "water pump wrench" 14" and it works great!!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
if you have a torch or plasma cutter it is not to hard to cut one out,,,, it is also easier to adjust if you will stick a jack under it to take a little weight off of it,,,,,, cg

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Pa_06Grizz660
I had the Yamaha toool for shocks, it lasted for about 2 adjustments before it stripped!

The yamaha mechanics use the waterpump pliers/wrench.

The front shock are easy, the back are not ( not much space to work)
YOU HAVE TO JACK YOUR GRIZZ UP!!! it is vital !!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I am guessing that water pump pliers are also called Chanel locks, is this corect.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Not sure, but it looks like this...

paste this link into your browser...

http://www.hyperclaw.com/water_pump.shtml

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Pa_06Grizz660,,,, that is correct,,, that is actually what I use ,,,, too lazy to make a spanner wrench,,,,, ,,, ,, cg

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I picked up some chanel locks and will use them, I have to get a jack and get that done. I am 350 lbs and think the factory settings are too low for me.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
In Australia we just call them "multi-grips" :)

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
I use the Chanel locks also myself. It worked better for me to jack up the front end and take the tires off. Myself just for the slow rock crawling and trail riding we do I am now on the softest settings with no sway bar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts