Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guy,s im new to the site and new to the grizzly, brand new 06 DU grizzly here.im loving it by the way, all i have ever ridden before is my sport quad (yfz450) love it too..........my dilma here is because im an idiot for some dumb reason i ordered and recieved my 27' mudlites on blk t5's itp's, and i recieved a clutch kit from epi, but i ordered the one that is for 28 and 29.5's. it actually says in the instructions this kit is for the larger tires 28-29.5, my question is what is this gonna do when its in? will it mess anything up or will it work just fine?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Welcome to the site Muddyjones, congrats on the new grizz, What does the DU stand for? I don't know anything about clutch kits yet but I plan on putting one in soon myself. Is there anyway you can return the one you received and choose the other one? I am sure EPI would exchange it as long as it hasn't been unpackaged? If not, e-mail them or give them a call and see what they say? Good Luck........Irv

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i thought about returning it, but since i already got it im gonna put it in if its not gonna hurt anything....maybe next time i buy new tires i will go with 28's......DU stands for the ducks unlimited, (camo)........so does anyone here have the bigger clutch kit but only running the 27's? if so how does it do?

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I'm anything but a clutch expert but I cant figure it hurting anything, figure if anything you just wont have the top speed you want out of it,,, it should be great for low end torque and wheelies,,, like i say this is just a guess, but i think I would go with it also,,,,,,, ,,,,, cg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i was thinking too, id love alot of low and mid power i got the yfz for the top speed....i cant help it im a yamaha nut......lol

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
You're going to be able to pop wheelies and climb walls because you will have a lot more low end torque. You will lose more top speed than if you bought the sport/utility kit.
I am assuming you have the utility kit and not the "Big Foot" monster tire kit. If you have the big foot kit you may want to send it back. That kit is for high lifted, heavy axle quads that do nothing but mud bogging.

·
Registered
81 Posts
hmm thats interesting. i was going to suggest that it shouldnt hurt it and give you more top end not less. because its a "beefer" kit made to turn the 28's and 29.5's, so if it can turn them then im sure you'll have no problem with the 27's. wow its 10:11am pacific time here in BC and i already learnt something this morning i didnt know.... sweet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea i think they sent me the bigfoot kit well i know thats what i got i just looked the # up on there website. is that kit gonna hurt, maybe i should just send it back...........which one do i need to get i run 27's mudlites i ride a mix of mud and trails but nothing to deep .....so which one is everyone getting?

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Definately send it back. It will be like riding in low gear all the time. For your type of riding I would recomend the Sport/Utility kit for oversized tires. The Utility kit is similar but engages a little faster and is more for pulling heavy loads for an extended period. If you were going to do a lot of food plot work the Utility kit would be best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts