Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 660 and it will only start when its in neutral or park. I have rode with guys with newer 660's and theres will start when its in gear. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to my bike so it will also start when its in gear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
go to grizzhopper.com and you'll find easy directions on how to modify your left handlebar switch to get the results you want.my grizzly is also an 03' and that's what i did.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep your right gunny, I just wasnt squeezing the hand brake hard enough so it wasnt starting. My bike you really got to squeeze that handle. Thanks

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
Yup.....thats how I start my '06......just squeeze the left brake and hit the start button......with the key on, of course.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
my '07 works the same

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Basically you just pop that plunger setup out of the LEFT side brake handle, and shorten up the plunger... (DON'T touch the right side 'cause that's a brake light switch!) I used to have to really crank on my lever to get the Griz to fire up too. I gave it a little adjusting and finally cut the little buggger off completely so I can now start in gear, no brakes, anytime I want to! I also did away with the whole Brake pedal while shifting thing too... Grizzhopper covers both mods and makes it easy!

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
OH crap ... BOHTR brings up a good point to my post ..... you have to push on the "Start" button to get it started ........ as the final step ....... ya smartass BOHTR !!!! ..... LMAO !!!!

"Pop & shorten the plunger !!!" ... Bob ..... sounds like what I hear at home a lot ................................... WHAT ???

Later ........

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Well I shortened mine...and she won't forgive me for it! I had a lot of fun disconnecting all of those safety interlock devices...

(NOTE: Do not attempt this at home. We are foolish and will probably kill ourselves in a huge conflagration when the inevitable occurs...)

You never know when you might NEED to start a vehicles that's already running... or shift into reverse at 50mph...

·
Premium Member
4,256 Posts
LMAO !!! .......... so ya "Shortened" it too much huh ?? ........ LMAO !!!!

Do WHAT at 50mph ??? .... are YOU nuts ??? ........ and I'm not crazy about do'in much over 35 .... the front end feels "Flighty" go'in over all those rocks of various sizes & shapes ........ Savvy ??

But hey .... I can surepicture YOU do'in that !!!! ........... ROTFLMABO !!!!!

Later ...........

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Actually I disabled the shifter lockout to make plowing easier. The starter lockout was just an adjustment to the system that got a bit out of hand...

Once again folks; don't do this 'cause you'll hurt yourselves... I'm an idiot and deserve what'll happen! (Maybe that'll keep the lawyers happy!)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 03 660 and it will only start when its in neutral or park. I have rode with guys with newer 660's and theres will start when its in gear. Just wondering if there is anything I can do to my bike so it will also start when its in gear.
My husband has a 03 660 grizzly also. His wouldnt start in gear unless he pulled real hard and tight on the rear brake and pusg
My husband has the same exact year make and model you have to squeeze really hard on the rear brake for it to start in gear and if you push the pedal also that helps

1 - 12 of 12 Posts