Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone please tell me what (Boiling Gas) is? This is all new to me, not trying to sound stupid, jus never heard of it...

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Boiling gas was a factor on the earlier Grizzlies, a lot of heat would build up in the gas tank due to the exhaust and no side vents, hence the gas in the tank would actually boil. It is the same up here in Canada or in colder climates with snowmobiles, if you left the winter gas in your snowmobile over the summer, the gas will actually boil inside the tank. I have never heard of any actually blowing up, the gas would just boil because of a lower boiling point than water. Hope this helps.......Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I always understood it as the gas boiling in the carberator causing air bubbles in the fuel lines and this is what vapor lock is.

·
Registered
382 Posts
CG mentioned something about having boiling gas after a night of drinkin and hittin Taco Bell at 2:30 am.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Its happened to my 04.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I'd friggin bail and run the **** away!! Sounds like an explosion waiting to happen!

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
The front sticker on the Grizzly says, "Ain't skeered..." but in this case, yeah, I skeered!

·
Registered
382 Posts
darn it... I forgot you live in the country so you say "skeered", here near the beloved nations capitol we would say "skurred".......I dont blame ya for being either one.

CG on the other hand aint neither...seen his woodstove in his shop? case closed!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
That's not a wood stove, that's a still.

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Don't say Mad Dog 20/20...sudden flashbacks from New Year's 2006 Party...**** Banana Red.....UGH!

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Yeah...everything hurt!!! We buy "cheap" liquor as shots...Mad Dog, Hot **** 100, Pucker, and some others...I think I drank all of them. I ended up on the kitchen floor at my brother's house...

·
Registered
382 Posts
whew, wasnt sure if that story was gonna end up r rated (like, now I remember where my fuzzy cuffs are) heh heh heh heh.

the kitchen floor was a good place to lay your head, its as cold as the bathroom floor and you have a sink near by for "reverse consumption" shall we say?

I've had hangovers like that before...not fun.

Dawn, you must know your limitations...I dont have any! JK :)

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Limitations? Huh? I think that's why I was on the kitchen floor...and the cuffs came into another party....SHHHHH!!!!

·
Registered
382 Posts
dont worry I dont kiss and tell!!! unless of course I was with Mariah ..... FAT CHANCE hahahahahahahahaahh

·
Registered
81 Posts
why are you guys talking bout booze when firelab asked about boiling gas????? wow.... talk about off topic!! hehe

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
what did you have on for cloths if any on the kitchen floor? and what is everything that hurt ????

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys (gals), on the input, I've heard about (boiling gas) on this site, but never new what it was...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts