Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about selling my 02 and get a new one . I am going to leave all the extras on it .it has 1700 miles runs great , no smoke and uses no oil .after typing this i am wondering why i am selling it ..anyhoo what do you all think it is worth

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
People are leary about buying highly modified machines that are made for tearing up mud and rocks, it's just too high a risk. You would be better off taking off all the aftermarket stuff and returning it to stock if you can. It's a great looking machine but I wouldn't pay more than $3,500 for it just because I would be afraid that if something breaks It's going to cost a lot to fix.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx for the input..if i had went into the engine i would agree on the fixing it cost but all the mods i have done are a major upgrade from the oem parts..i guess it will take a nut like me to want this one !!!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know there are more than just one opinion out there!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
I wouldn't buy it with all the toys on it...too much for me. I'd rather put on my own toys knowing how much I spent and what it costs to fix. I'd return it to stock too to sell it. I know I couldn't sell the Sportsman I had...even for $3500 and it had several toys. Plus with all the deals of $29 a month and so on, it's hard!!!

Dawn

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I don't know Georgiagrizz? Maybe I haven't been atving long enough but if I was looking for a serious quad and seen yours I would certainly consider it! Not everybody is into the same thing and with yours, it may only attract the attention of the people who are into a lot of mods? It sure is a nice looking quad and has all the bells and whistles, I think if someone priced all those mods out they would realize yours is a good deal.
Dawn, comparing a Grizzly to a Sportsman is like comparing a Corvette to a Chevette, you can't give away Polaris's now a days! LOL. Good Luck......Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I agree Irv, somebody who is interested in busting big mud holes will be very interested in Georgia's machine but those guys (or girls) are few and far between and like Dawn said, most like to add their own stuff.
My opinion was that in the buying market it would appeal to more people if it were closer to stock.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Irv I think Dawn wasnt comparing the two really she was just saying hers didnt sell with the toys. I think used ATV's in general are hard to sell due to no one really wants to finance them and you gotta wonder how hard the things were abused...for me I wouldnt buy one...for not that much more new you can ride with peace of mind. the major reason people buy them is to take em out and beat them around unlike a 4wd truck/sport ute where most of them never go off road (unlike all of mine).

I've said it once and I'll say it again that eBay is your best bet to sell, if you have good marketing skills you can sell anything on that site and get a decent price.

Once a fella I worked with was selling his boat on eBay, it closed with no bids...I looked at his ad and found the pics were great but the description terrible...so I wrote one up and gave it to him to use to relist...when he read it he laughed at it and even took it home for his wife to laugh at. after she read the ad she talked him into keeping the boat...he had to come to work and explain to me what they decided (i didnt rub it in) effectively i sold the man his own boat! hah hahh hah

take a bunch pics, write up a good description, start the bidding at a penny...if its worth $3500 you'll get that and maybe more.

outty like 5 G's

nizz

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Georgia, after looking at your pictures and since there really isn't any differance between your machine and a new one (since you changed your axles)save yourself a ton of money and keep the 02 and upgrade the motor to a 686.
With 1700 miles it's still practically brand new and it's an awsome looking ride.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
against my better judgement( u guys know my story) i did list it on ebay no bids as of yet ,13 people are watching it 10 have emailed me ,one guy offered 8000.00 but i think its some kid fooling around ..dont know if i did good on the marketing or not check it out 4624685316 let me know i am open for advise ..i did go a little nuts on the starting price ...and the reserve ...**** the grizzly is the best machine in the world its worth it ..lol

if it does not sell i will do the engine mod ..who knows maybe NOS ....not ..if i had NOS i would end-up being some big ole greezzy spot on a dirt road !!!

one guy ask about the title ..looked in my file and all i have is a bill of sale , went to the Georgia web site and they said they dont title atv's ...does that go for all states ????

jamie

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Just looked at your add. It looks good, good luck on the bidding.

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
gg great looking machine,but after all the mods wouldnt be cheeper to just by a hummer and get her done

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
keeps me out of trouble ...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as i thought the guy that emailed me and offered me 8000.00 said he made a mistake ...he thought it was a 2003 and he is not interested ...sounds like some 15 year old little kid ...

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
How about the 05 that says "buy it now" for about $2,000. Where do I send my money?

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Georgia you easily have a few grand worth of goodies on that machine, if you buy a new one are you going to buy all new goodies or leave it stock?

·
Registered
382 Posts
One thing to keep in mind when letting a auction run its course Georgia is no matter how long its up for bid the most important minute of all the minutes is the last one. I never bid until the last 30 seconds of the auction.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i am going to use it more for hunting , so the new one needs to be a little more quiet ..i will prob get 27' outlaws and a clutch..no pipe ..no snorkel ..i would dearly love if yamaha would come out with a unit to get the 750 brute ,if it sells i am going to wait and see what come along .as much as i hate to say it i will ride the ole foreman till i decide what to do ..who knows ..would love to see 900 grizzly efi ..man that gives me wood.....

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I haven't looked lately, my server is blocking Ebay again. How is the auction going?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
not bad 3 bids sofar....up to 4200.00 2 days left

1 - 20 of 27 Posts