·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried the outlaw extreme clutch from high lifter on their grizz 660

·
Registered
339 Posts
Any clutch is not going to increase your top speed, all a clutch kit is going to do is change the way you get to your top speed/rpm. Changing the tire size will affect your top speed and if you were to machine your clutch sheaves that would also affect your top speed.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Most clutch kits are going to actually reduce your top speed to gain back lost bottom end.

·
Registered
119 Posts
From what I have read, and believe me I am no mechanic by any means, the clutch kits are only good for the bottom end. When you go to larger diameter tires/wheels, it takes more torque to turn the bigger tires. The clutch kit gives back that "lost" torque, but does not increase the top end.

Now I have laid myself out on the chopping block, go easy on me if I am not exactly correct.

Oh, by the way, my overfenders should come in tomorrow via UPS.

Is tomorrow Christmas again already? Yep hee!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i run 28" mudzillas most of the time, i talked to bryan at highlifter and he recommended the outlaw extreme. i ordered it along with the high performance upgrade ( exhaust, filter and jet kit) i will post the results when they are installed thanks for all the input.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Is that the kit for the extreme mudder quad? If so, you will probably lose a lot of your top speed but you will be able to pull anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts