Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm going back to my stock rims, I'd like to add some wheel spacers because I truly felt more confident with the wider track that the ITP rims gave me. I'm just wondering if I just run 1/2 inch or 1 inch spacers. What size are you running beast?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Doolin, my spacers are standard for the Suzuki LTZ 400 and they are 5cm wide, I believe that is just a tad over 2 inches each!

Makes my bike very stable.

I hated riding with them off, when we thought it may be the cause for the CV's jumping out!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you hava link or a part number for that? The biggest I've seen I believe around an inch...2.5 cm?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just went back and I was wrong. The spacer are either 1 inch or 1.5 inches. I found a converter online and 1.5 inches converts to 6cm 1 inch coverts to 4cm.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Its a South African site, says it has international distributers,

link is http://www.ricli.co.za/

Also I checken on the site it is 57mm wide!!

Alternativly look locally for Suzuki LTZ 250/400 rear or Kawasaki KFX 250/400 rear spacers, its the same part number!

You can see in the pic how wide it is!

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
hey doolin64,,,,, just wondering why your going back to the stock rims,,,, was there a problem with the aftermarket ones,,,,, thanks,,, cg

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Hey Doolin,

You may want to check that converter Mate. 1" = 2.54cm. :)

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
there you go Noel, lets teach him some metric!!!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
**** online converters... :) thanks Interceptor. I wish we used metric to begin with.

CG, there's nothing wrong with the tires and rims, it's just that I found I really don't need that aggressive of a tire. Plus I plow with my Grizzly in the winter and I loss a good amount of low end with 26" tires. I could have added a clutch kit, piped and rejetted, but I really like the reliability of a stock machine. Not to mention the added weight has to put a lot of wear and tear on the bike. I'm taking a trip to WV in November to ride the Hattfield McCoy trail system and there's a some road riding involved. Those MST's were **** over 25mph on the pavement. The bars would shake and pitch. On the trail they were great, you just had to use low range some more. That being said, I decided I want to go back to a set of 25" tires that also ride good on the road and do well in the snow. What I really liked was the stability I had from the added width on the tires and rims. Thats why I'm looking into spacers.

Since I'm going to be shipping my tires and rims, I had them weighed at Fedex 40.5 for the rear with rims and 35lbs for the front. Thats alot more than the stockers.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
ok,, thanks,, i was wondering about the extra weight,,, im kinda like you,, think I will keep the stock size,,,,in fact im gonna keep the stock tires for a while,,,, almost out of new doodad money if you know what I mean,,,, ,,, cg

·
Registered
339 Posts
Doolin...I have been using the Highlifter 1" wheel spacers with stock wheels and find them to be an excellent product. They are made from solid aluminum and bolt onto your existing wheel studs, then the spacer has another set of studs installed in them that you mount the wheel onto. Highlifter also sells 1 1/2" but that is to wide IMO.

For an all use tire the Bighorns are an excellent tire. We put a set on my brothers Eiger last year and it will go anywhere Grizzly will go except for the nasty mud that you can always go around anyway. I am going to put a set of 26" on my Grizzly.

If you wanted to keep 26" tires the Dalton clutch kit is excellent and not to expensive. It will make the Grizzly run like it has stock 25" tires on.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i too run the 1.5 spacers from highlifter,,,front ,and back,and they turned the bike into a whole differant machine,,,,you will most likely want to get the overfender kit with the spacers,but i'm not sure if your going back to 25's

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended up ordering the highlifter 1" inch spacers and 25" ATRs. I didn't run overfenders with my 26's so I'm thinking I should be alls et. I'll take picks once i get it all together.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have 1.5" highlifter spacers. Tires are 27" 589s with c- series rims. No problems and love the looks. Goes anywhere.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts