Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i mounted mine inside of the cargo box on the underside of the rear lid under the rack. its out of the way and sealed inside the box under the seat so no water gets to it. i was wondering where some other good places are to mount it. let me know where you guys mounted yours.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
thats where mine is too, but it's always in the way of putting stuff in the cargo box. my buddies looks like its installed under the rear rack under the hood for the belt exaust, i can only see the wires running into it. nice clean install maybe tomorrow i'll attempt to put mine there too

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I installed mine in the cargo box. The dealership installed my wifes and it is on the outside of the cargo box in the back I think.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i went with cargo box as well,,,i wanted also to keep it out of the mud,,,my Polaris's all had the starter relay exposed along with the Battery,and i thin it contributed to some issues they had

i have no problems with gettin things in,and out,i keep a tow strap,a mini tool kit that is in a pouch,,,anouther pouch with assorted nuts,and bolts,and yet anouther with a partial roll of electrical tape,3 feet of bailing wire,about a foot of plumbers tape (metal with holes in it),a small tooth brush style wire brush,and a few feet of 14ga insulated wire,,,,its crampt,and you pretty much have to pull everything out to get anything,but i think thats good,nothing bouncing around

i use the pouch that my goggles came in for the tool kit,,,it has a folding 3/8 ratchet,,,,i got a 3/8 to 1/4 drive tip so i could use all 1/4 drive sockets (much smaller,less room) both sae,and metric pretty complete set,,,,small cresent,,,,,stubby screw driver with the tips in the handle,small pliers,,,and one of those one socket fits all from Sears with all of the pins in it that conform to the nut when pushed over it

·
Registered
50 Posts
My is between the front fenders underneth the black cover below the cargo rack.

Works great and didn't need to mess with my storage. A hole was needed to be drilled for the cable and then sealed with silicone. Very clean install, all you can see is the wires goingto the battery.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I installed my relay onto the frame inside the front wheel well and haven't had any problems with. Been there almost three years now.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Wow, that thing is huge. Mine is in the same place but nowhere near that bulky.
Oh, I do have the 2000 Warn, I suppose that is the differance. My wife has the 2.5 but they mounted hers on the outside of the box. Maybe that is why I don't notice it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I put my relay in the cargo box as well. I did not want to shorten the #6 wire so the extra wire is a little messy.

I put silicone around the wires in the holes I drilled between the battery compartment and the cargo compartment. The silicone holds the wires tight and does not allow it to rub on the sharp edge caused by cutting the holes.

I removed the tab in the bottom of the cargo compartment that holds the manual in place. There are also tabs on the outside bottom of the cargo compartment. Those tabs make it tight to put the nuts on the mounting bolts in the back of the relay.

Good Luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts