Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound crazy, but, I have my overfenders bolted with the overfender under the grizzly plastic, (like Tindy and Pauly and Starky).
I have always had a problem with dirt/sand/stones collecting in the join. Today I took them off, clean them and then I refitted them, this time I used silicone sealant to fill the join.
The thought crossed my mind that perhaps they should fit "on top" of the plastics?? I see grizzanator has his rear ones fitted "on top"(it is not so obvious on a black griz.)
Those of you who have overfenders, are they fitted like mine or on top???

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
See, it is "under" the red plastics!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I found my answer on Yamaha.com , (sorry Grizzinator) the fenders are suposed to be fitted "under" the plastics!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the rears

·
Registered
701 Posts
I haven't had a problem yet, then again, I haven't done a thing besides plow with them since I put them on.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I amamazed at how new your machine looked in the latter pics after you siliconed them during the reinstall...wow, picture perfect there Beast! :)

silicone really does make old sagging things new again huh CG?

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I thought about puting mine on the outside, but it just didn't look right. The fit wasn't very good either.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Starky, have you got a problem with "river sand & small stones" geeting stuck in the joins? sometime I would pressure wash for 10 mins on each fender and the stuff keeps comming out!!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Beast,

According to my fitting instruction they go under same as yours, I have had the same problem of crap getting stuck in there, I just don't care now!

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Noel!
I filled the gaps with silicone yesterday, i will test out this weekend and let you know if it stops the problem!

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Beast I really haven't had the chance to ride mine enough to know but I imagine they will do the same as yours. I'll probably do the same as you when ever I get home.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts