Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the A2000 with my Grizzly when I bought it back in May of 2002. I never did to the A2500 upgrade to it, but now I have to. The big Warn rocker switch that I bought for it (the fancy one that mounts to the handlebars) is going bad, and the solenoid has also stopped working.

For a short-term solution, I wired around the solenoid so I could use my plow, but I have the upgrade kit on the shelf and just have to take the time to rip the old wiring out and install the new kit.

I was just curious as to who else was still using the old A2000...

Rob

·
Registered
701 Posts
I know warn is offering a free Winch hook upgrade for that style winch and a bunch of other ones they no longer make.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting about the hook upgrade; I've had the Master Pull synthetic winch line on it for almost three years, and its hook is super beefy (good for something insane like 22,000 lbs). I also just ordered some of this line for my Sportsman 800...

Rob

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
We have the 2000 on Mrs. Starky's Griz. I put the brake in it but everything else is orriginal. I guess I'm waiting for the switch to go bad before we up-grade or at least until I get home. Hopefully it will make it through the winter because she uses it a lot.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i still have mine since i bought my grizzly in 2002. still works alright. i am not planning to get a bigger one till i cant fix this one no more. but i did replace the switch with a mini rocker switch that goes on the handle bars

1 - 5 of 5 Posts