Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who load the Grizz 660 in the back of a truck, Silverado to be specific. If you go to a 26" tire will it still fit in the back with the Tailgate Closed? With the stock tires its close, just wondered if going up in size would keep the tailgate from closing?

·
Registered
462 Posts
i have a F-250 with a 8 foot bed,,,,with a tool box up front

the Grizz has 27's on it,i have about 3 inchs of meat that keeps me from shutting the tail gate

·
Registered
462 Posts
so your "Denny" from ATV Connection?

·
Registered
462 Posts
cool

·
Registered
4 Posts
if it's a 6ft. bed you may need to let the air out to sweeze the tires with the tail gate.make sure you don't out the rear window with the front rack.also secure your ramps so they don't kickout on you when you get the front tires in the bed.it makes for a bad day.

·
Registered
22 Posts
With my shortbox dodge and stock tires I put blocks under the front tires this raises the front so it doesn't hit the back window and lets the bike move just far enough foward so I can get the tailgate closed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a '02 2500HD with a short box that I haul the griz with. It seems to me going with 26" you would be okay.

I am trying not to knock out the rear window with stock tires and wheels.

I imagine if I had the 26" tires, I would be buying a rear window right after the tire upgrade.

Let me know how it works out for ya.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have an 01 gmc 1/2 ton Z71. With 27" itp's and a wooden box liner I couldn't close it. I took the wooden liner out and I can close it, but not by much.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I have an F250 with 8' box. I have lots of room so I'm probably not much help.
I pull mine to the back of the bed up against the tailgate and run the strap to the hitch. This way I don't have to worry about bending up the front of the box or busting my window. As long as the tail gate stays closed I'm ok.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts