Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother in-law has a hardly used set of MudBugs that he is considering to sell, i was just curious if any of you guys/gals have them, use to have them? I am not sure what he is going to ask for them but if it is a decent deal should i pick them up? The areas i ride are usually sand, dirt, mud and snow. Are these good tires for these conditions? His girlfriend(wifes sister) bought them for his Wolverine/Warrior? can't remember what he rides? Anyways he said he didn't like the ride they gave his quad? He said the bike seemed to float around at speed? Will they bolt up to my Grizz? He said they are either 27's or 28's, he doesn't remember. Any info good or bad would be greatly appreciated.............Irv

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody at all???

·
Registered
256 Posts
Well Irv, I never rode the mudbugs but my friend has them on his KingQuad and he loves'em but as you were told by others, they tend to float at speed...very bad cornering cause they extra soft.

I would recommend Gators for the areas you ride. They're a bit rough on hard surfaces at low speed but OK when you hit 15-20km/hr. Very good Mud/Snow tire

Frank

·
Registered
339 Posts
I ride with people that have all size bug's from 25" thru 28" and I have never heard anyone complain about them floating at speed. Maybe they are running to much air pressure in the tire!

Everyone seems to like them as an all around tire and would buy them again, even myself they are at the top of my list when I need replacement tires for my Mud Lites. (not saying I don't like my Lites because they are good and I may just buy another set of them) Bugs do very good in the mud, snow and general trail riding, I think you would be happy with them.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guy's, i haven't heard anything back from my bro-inlaw yet? I don't want to call him as he will know for sure that i want them! LOL. I talked to the guy's at First Place parts from atvtime.com and they say they are an awesome tire too but are hard to buy in Canada? Grizzfan, where did your budddies buy their's? I will keep you posted if my bro-inlaw comes through?............Irv

·
Registered
256 Posts
He bought them @ our local Suzuki dealer...not sure if he had to special-order them

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, they sound like an awesome tire, there was a link on another website (outlawatvclub.com under the tech section)that did a comparison between Mudlites and the Mudbugs and the Bug's won out with over 95% of the quaders saying the Bug's were better in all areas! I think they are the tire to have for my areas too! Hopefully they will be easy to get when the time comes?...........Irv

·
Registered
62 Posts
My brother has 27" mud bugs on his quad. I think they are kind of heavy, and from riding his quad, they kind of seem choppy over my quad with my 26" mudlites on. Just my $.02

·
Registered
81 Posts
a tad bit late.... but did you get the bugs? thats what im putting on my grizz this summer. and i've heard they are awesome in the mud, a light tire, and can fling the mud pretty good.. so i wouldnt want to be the guy behind you....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Irv i had them for 2 years on my grizz , Iloved them good tire pulls good

1 - 10 of 10 Posts