Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a winch warn 3.0 got everything hooked up but the small red switch power wire. What are you guys hooking this up to. Ita says to hook up to a wire that off when key is off. I was thinking about rear tail light?

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
there is a wire coming from the switch(on the back side) that is off when switch is off,,,, cant remember what color it is, but just get a voltmeter and check it out,,, that is where I hooked mine too,,,,, i think the rear tail light would only be hot when the light switch is on,,,,,, hope this helps,, ,,, ,, ,, ,, ,, cg

·
Registered
462 Posts
you can buy a inexpensive tester at Lowes for 2 bucks,it has a light that comes on,and two probes,thats what i used,and i found a wire under the seat,a little forward of the fuses

·
Registered
27 Posts
I put mine right off the igniction switch look under the passenger side wheel well where your key goes and ther is a red wire i spliced into tht one...winch works even if ya don't got the key on the "on" position...this works for me but may not be wht your lookin for...hope it helps....wader

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
I hooked mine into the low beam headlight wire. The winch only comes on when I turn the low beam on.

·
Registered
462 Posts
if you pop the seat off,,,,,,go where the fuses are,,,towards the back of that area,there are some wires tucked down underneath,,,,,pull those up,and i believe it was a orange one i tapped into for both my winch,and the temp gauge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts