Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another

·
Registered
462 Posts
lol,,,,man its been like 40 - 45 degrees here for going on 3 weeks

i bang up my plow blade,,,,go out and spend the dough for a ugrade Cylone,and it turns into Spring,,,,,at this rate it wont get used to next year,lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Later that same day we got REALLY stuck. Had to call in for a snowmobile to come and tow us. Don't get me wrong...we tried to make it but after 2hrs and 200ft later...and 4km of winching to go, we had no choice...long live cell phones :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hoo,at least you'll have it for next year!
I used mine 6 times in 2 days during our big blizzard on xmas day..close to 30 inches.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was about the 15th time I was taking out the winch

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great pics Grizzfan! 30 inches in 2 days, we haven't had a snow storm like that around here in years! It is suppose to be +7 by Thursday? I don't think we are going to get a winter? I have had my sled out twice in 2 years, I may not even get the chance this year the way things are going?....Irv

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
That looks awsome. I would love to have snow like that to test the tracks on the Griz.

·
Registered
462 Posts
i know how ya feel Irv,,,,we had one snow about 12 inchs to play in,,,and one ice storm to get goofy in,thats it

the thing that makes it worse is i was real busy with work all last winter when we got plenty,,,,this witer im pretty slow with a good bit of time,and no snow to play in,,,,,ive got like 2 weeks,and im going to have work coming out of my ears again,and then watch,it will start snowing

i was hoping for one real good snow to try the Grizz out with the lift,,,with 15 3/4 inchs to the foot rest i bet it will trudge through it

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Wow, that make me jealous! I live where snow is sposed to be and we have none. It just sucks! I love deep snow riding and all i can find is ICE. I live just beside Jasper in Alberta and even the ski hill( Marmot ) has near no snow. love the pictures, wish I was there.

·
Registered
462 Posts
me and a couple buds went for a ride today,,it had to be 55 degrees out,i was in a tee shirt

dove into a deep one,,got about half way through it,and stopped,,,popped it in reverse,cracked it,,,,i have one thing to say,,,that reverse rev limiter bypass is AWSOME!!!!

it was the first time since i did the bypass i had a chance to really test it,,,man its like a new bike having full power at my disposal sitting in the middle of a mud hole,lol,awsome

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Been the same here had a fair amount of snow before Christmas then about then about two days before is started to warm up and have not seen snow on the ground since, avg temp in the day is 35F or so calling for 53F sat or sunday.

Great pics looks like some fun all but all the winching..lol

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Glad to hear the Rev limiter by-pass works. I think Yamaha actually designed it to be by-passed easily.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I know this thread was started almost a month ago. But just to rub a little salt in your wounds here is my last weekend. By the way my Grizz seems to go backwards through the snow when it won't go forwards.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Here's one I couln't back out of.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ok One more Pic

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great pics again Bevergriz, I wish we would get some snow like that soon, my young lad is itching to get out on his Kitty Kat and I am itching to get out on my sled! In your last pic, were you hung up in the middle? It doesn't look like you are too deep but no doubt you had trouble getting traction?.........Irv

·
Registered
144 Posts
about 6 inches under the water is a layer of ice about 3 inches thick, then about a foot of water under the ice. The tires broke through the ice and the skid plate was sitting on top. The stock tires wouldn't do any good but a better set of tires would have probably got me out
No snow in my yard. This playground is about 25 minuts and 1500 ft of elevation from the valley I live in.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
More great pics lads,

Wish I had snow here,,,,,,,,,but that will never happen :)

Cheers Noel

1 - 20 of 28 Posts