Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 660 that won't start. It's getting fire and fuel. Ether won't even make it pop. Seems like a safety switch problem. Does anyone have a wiring schematic or suggestions? Please help, I'm dying.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Try a new spark plug 1st. If thats not it then your choke or carb has an issue or you need to have your valves adjusted. have you had your valves adjusted?

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
If you are getting fire and fuel i doubt that it is a safety switch item, that is what it does, it kills the spark. To me it sounds like a timing question or bad fuel but the ether should fire it. Go easy with the ether!! Did you flood it bad? If so, pump a couple squirts of oil down the cylinder, you may have no compression and that will give it back. I think the valves would have to be out real bad for it not to even sputter? Were they really noisy prior to this? Don't know what else it could be? Good luck......Irv

·
Registered
78 Posts
Irv the valves will tighten up not loosen on the grizz....causing you to not have enough compression to start.
Never use ether on a quad.......with a bad spark plug even ether wont fire.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
You can have a bad spark plug and still have spark. That is what happened to me last winter. I guess there is the wrong kind of spark. That is usually the best thing to try first.
Was it running OK before you couldn't start it? Did you do anything that minght have caused it to not start (change oil, change the filter, wash it etc).
We need as much info as you can give us, otherwise we are just guessing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts