Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Lads, I have finally fitted my Extreme Products Lift Kit to the Blue Meanie. All in all it was apiece of cake the directions are easy to follow and pretty well fool proof, as evident by my completing the tasks without too many bad words and spilt blood (that’s pretty good for me now days).

I don’t think I really need to go into too much detail, as I said the instructions are pretty good. I did find a couple of points that I thought could do with a bit of clarification.

The first thing I noticed is that the kit does not work the way I thought it would. I kept trying to fit the bracket so the mount position was lower, I thought that it would lower the top suspension mounts there by raising the quad, not this time, the kit simply moves the top mount outwards. Once I understood this the fitting was quite simple.

The main point here “JUST FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS?”

The other point that I thought could have been clearer is with the front mounts. The main plate that bolts to the quad has a small step, the directions don’t really explain if this goes inward or outward. It goes inward, you can see in the pics that the frame has two different size tubes so the bracket needs this step to fit flush.

The rear mounts fit different on either side so stick with the directions. Don’t grab the wrong parts bag and try and fit the left on the right as this will take up a little of your time trying to workout why it won’t go in (I did this by mistake I grabbed bag #4 instead of #3)

As for the 2” of lift I am not convinced, I did not measure it as accurately as I should of. I think I gained around 1” to 1 ½” of lift ie: skid plate clearance. Either way I am happy with it I like the new look of it and it seems to handle pretty good.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here it is fitted

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the rear end

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Done

·
Registered
339 Posts
It will not give 2" of added clearance, best it will do is just little over an inch.

I have been running with it on all summer and am very happy with it. Doesn't seem to add any stress to the CV's, gives about an inch more clearance, and does not effect the handling.

After installing it I had to loosen up the preload on my shocks a notch because it gives a stiffer ride.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As you can see in the last pic I also fitted the Flares, I also did the front CV boot covers. I will post a blurb on them later.

Thisd last pic shows the right rear bracket, you need to fit it in and have all the bolts started prior to doing any of them up tight.

I have heaps of other pics from the fit out but I did not want to lose my other pics. If any of you Lads are going to fit this kit and want any advice or just want to pick my brains just shoot me a PM any time.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As you can see in the last pic I also fitted the Flares, I also did the front CV boot covers. I will post a blurb on them later.

Thisd last pic shows the right rear bracket, you need to fit it in and have all the bolts started prior to doing any of them up tight.

I have heaps of other pics from the fit out but I did not want to lose my other pics. If any of you Lads are going to fit this kit and want any advice or just want to pick my brains just shoot me a PM any time.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
It's hard to see any differance.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Starky,

As I said Mate I reckon I only gained 1 1/2" at best. But the way I see it thats 1 1/2" more than I had and you never know when you may need it. I hope to catch up with a mate who also has a Grizz, I will take a pic side by side and measure the difference.

Doolin64,

The last pic is of the right rear bracket. You have to start both nuts off prior to fitting it into position, she is a pretty tight fit.

Cheers Noel

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Ya, we can all use an extra inch and a half at times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts