Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I install the extreme lift and was not happy at all,,, IMO it should be called the xtreme 3/4 inch lift,,, the back was ok because I needed it stiffend up a little,, got very little lift out of it but it moves the shocks almost straight up and down,,, which makes it stiffer, ,,, the ft. was a different story,, only got about 3/4 inch lift (and I took lots of measurments beforehand),didnt raise my floorboards any,,,, made it ride like a lumberwagon,, I could have put my shocks on the stiffest setting and done the same thing(a lot cheaper),,,,,, what I ended up doing was looking at the pics of the lift hoo has on his grizz,,,I decided to cut the ft. brackets up and change the mounting point,, this way it sets my shocks back at the same angle instead of up and down,, I got a little over two inch on the fender measurement and right at two on the floorboards,,, and have my shock set on the second setting ,,, still rides nice and smooth on the rough stuff,,, still need to clean them up a little and cut the extra threads off the u-bolts,,, ,,, ,, also added the one and half inch wheel spaces,,,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, HOO,, did you have a tough time getting your shock bolt back in,,,, mine was pretty tough,, ,,,,, cg

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here it is how it sets now,,,, makes up for the extra weight of the heavyass whinch mount,,,,,, ,,,, ,,, cg

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Looks good CG, sorry to hear you were disappointed! I know i would be too. With your handy work, i am sure it is only a matter of time before you get it to where you like it? Your quad is starting to look pretty well rigged IMO, keep up the good work.....Irv

·
Registered
462 Posts
yes the rear shock bolts were a bear (no pun intended),i had to use 2 pry bars to get everything to line up,and i had the spacers to deal with

CG,the HL kit had spacers that the bolts fed through the bracket,and the mount that the shocks origially mounted to,my guess is to keep from samiching (technical term,otherwise compressing)the stock mount

i will post a copy of the instructions they sent me,but in all honosty they were little help,but i'll post them tomorrow never the less,they may give you an idea or two

your a pretty handy metal worker

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank Irv,,,, it might have lifted a stock grizz up more than it did mine,, my winch mount weighs a ton, plus I carry a lot of stuff on the ft.,,,,,,,,Hoo,,,this lift kit also came with the spaces to keep from smaching the stock mount,,,,,, the problem was the mounting point for the shock was about four inches straight out from the original mounting hole,,,, it made the shocks sit straight up and down, which does not give you the leverage to compress them like you have if the top of the shock is mounted inboard(thats my figuring anyway),,,, I would have went with the highlifter kit to start with but when I talked to them on the phone they told me it was for the ft. only ,,,,, guess I should have got on here and asked a few questions first,,,,, ,,,,, ,,,,, gc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts