Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just ordered my new 2" lift kit from http://www.xpatv.com/ which lifts your Grizzly 2" without changing axles, or modding anything, just bolts in, and raises the quad 2" and adds better handling, and better shock feel. I will be posting an install and how it works. At $198.32 shipped its one of the best routes to go for the money, and NO axle changes. Look next weekend for the pictures and write up, im hoping. Anyone else like this idea, or used one?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cool deal...I'm looking forward to the write up on this...I've seen them b4 just never knew anyone who had one...Keep us posted

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh i will, shipping takes 3 days, so hoping to have tuesday, and do pictures of the install, and ride a bit and give a review on it. How many would go with this kit over the others taht cost $$$$.$$?

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
I'm very interested in this mod Jasson; please keep us posted on your thoughts about how this kit works!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im excited to try it out. An extra 2" would be nice, with no added axle stress.
thursday the lastest will have, and going to get on it right away!

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Pretty near all of us could use an extra 2"... B-)

·
Registered
249 Posts
if i knew anyone was intrested in this i would have said that i have one installed already. ive had it about 1/2 a year and it works ok to say the least. the front lift setup could use some improvement and the stock bolt that mounts one bracket to the next should be thrown away. take a run to ace and pick up come 1/4 zinc plated bolts they work fine. as for axle stress their is a little more than stock so be careful with big tires as it could get expensive the kit does reduce the life of you axle cv joints but not by much. the 2in diffrence is pretty good and the kit works well when you use bigger tires (like i said be careful). i think it is a little overpriced but it is a good kit i have about 4-5in more of gc from my tires and the lift. but in all truthfulness if your going to use your bike for work and pulling/pushing a plow i dont see much need for it at all really it couldnt hurt but you only notice you have one when you really get down to the nitty griddy in the mud and ruts. i have not seen a great change in hanling or ride. all in all it is a good kit to have for when your on those extra tuff trails or running bigger tires oh i almost forgot it does put bigger loads on your springs so im not sure if thats good or bad in the long run(stiffer ride more spring ware). jasson if your looking into mudding get it.

SS

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine will be here today and start the install on it!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well lets start the review and install.
Here is the starting height. 13 3/4" to the top of the floor boards

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lets start!

First i jacked up the front of the quad and removed the shock.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Next put the front lift together like they say to in the paper work, and put in the bike and bolt it all together.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tighen it all up and put the tire back on, and here is what you got!

The other side is the same.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Next is the rear, and its by far the easiest! Like the front rack up the rear end and take the wheel and shock off, then istall the like like told, and here is what you get.
Right side!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The end result after an hour, with 26" tires high lifter springs set in the middle pos. with the lift is.....

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
14 3/4" to the top of the floor board. So for $198.32 shipped you can gain over an inch in height.

If you dont have the high lifter springs this kit will make it feel like you have them. And if you have the springs and the lift you will need to set them lower preload-make it stiffer.

In the end if you dont have the springs, and want a better handling bike, with a why better feel get this kit.
If you have the springs and want more height and have the extra cash, it does add height to your bike, get it.

All in all for an hour in time and under $200 is the height worth it? Everyone is different so you can answer that. Me it was. The bike handles a little better then before with just the springs, but over stock its huge. Fit and finsh was top notch. And they are great to work with.

So if this was something you were looking for, and get it.

Only down side is with the high lifter springs it doesnt lift your bike to 2", maybe with stock springs it does.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey Jasson thanks for the info. i to have been looking for i lift kit,but they all said u need new axles.i may just have to get this kit.i run with alot of brutes and are wives plus beer and bullfrog load me down.i already have my springs maxed on back.

·
Premium Member
7,680 Posts
Jasson,
Thanks for the pics and description of the install with before and after ride height measurements! Kind of gives everybody something to think about...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts