Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I glad it help someone out! And if anyone has any ?'s just ask and ill be more then happy to answer them!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey Jason,
Great job with the install pics. It helps see what can be achieved before and after. I have a total stock bike with few miles since my Nov. 07 purchase. I have noticed the IRS provides a great ride overall, but feels unsturdy at times on hill sides and tight quick turns. What type of spring kits do you recommend and what are the major benefits? Thanks..

Fritz

ps where is isle, Mn. I live near LaCrosse, WI?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Fritz im an hour away from grantsburg wi.
With just the high lifter spring kit, you will see less body roll, more stable, and more load cap., and less shock fade.
With the lift kit you will see the same with stock shocks, and messing with the preload.
The kit is easier to install then the springs. and price is a little more for the springs.
If you order a lift kit, ask for Joe and tell them Jasson Bauer sent you and they will hook you up.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great pics and instructions Jasson, thanks for sharing.........Irv

·
Registered
170 Posts
Jsaon,
Thanks fot the advice. How's the fishing on Mllle Lac lake. Might have to look into a summer trip to the area for some fishing and atv-ing. Plan to look into the high-lifter springs when spring comes. Think I could use the xtr stability.

ps. I see you guys are in the - 20's too. I had -33 on my truck thermometer last night after returning from a HS wrestling tournament I coached at, coldest we've seen in years.. Burrrrr hard to think about riding in this weather. Might as well hunker down andcheer for the Packers!!

Fritz

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Frit's fishing is slow, yep it was -35 here and going to be-40 today with the wind chill. Come on up, may15 i want to do a big ride here, the red top opens up to atv then.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Jassn,
Just plowed 6+ inches of snow with the grizz in -5 below temps. Thank goodness for the new hand and thumb warmers. Great advice from Irv...Anyway what is the red top? A trail or the color of the trail dirt?? I will keep the date in mind but also have an offer from another forum reader from Ill. to ride in central Wi on some pretty nice county trails later in May. Can't wait for spring..

Fritz

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The red top is a trail loop here on the soo line in Isle mn.

·
Registered
76 Posts
what do the high lifter spring kits cost? Is there more than one set to choose from?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
As far as i know their is just one set, but they have a front and a rear set.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts