Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys have this kit or do you know anyone that does? Do you like it? Check it outon E-bay.....auction #4627573173
This is what the description says...
"If you own one of these awesome quads then you have probly figured out that the override button on the left bar switch only overrides the speed limiter in 4x4 lock mode and does nothing for the reverse speed limiter. With this easy to install kit your GRIZZ will no longer have a speed limiter in 4x4 lock. Now the button that says "override" will override the reverse speed limiter only when you hold it down. My kits have been installed on countless numbers of Grizzlys and Kodiaks with no problems or adverse effects. Don't waste your money and fall for the fix that screws up your gauge lights making them flash or the reverse light never works again. No fancy electronics that will eventually fail when you need it. This mod is the only one I've seen that eliminates the 4X4 lock speed limiter and converts the button for reverse!"

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Don't waste your money. There are several threads in here on how to do it yourself for about a dollar. Check my profile and you will see the most basic override wires. There are several ways to do it. Some override reverse and 4x4 dif loc, some have buttons to override it only when you want to and some like the one in my profile override reverse all the time.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Milfred, go to www.grizzhopper.com Everything you need is there for free, except for the parts which are only a few bucks..........Irv

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, I will check that out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Checked out the Grizzhopper site. That mod on there says the reverse light will not work anymore. The one on that ebay auction says the reverse light still works. I would like to know what is different about it. I'm sure I could do it myself if I knew the difference. I'm thinking about just getting that one on ebay. It is only 20 bucks. Then I will know and I can post the difference on here.

·
Premium Member
2,962 Posts
Let us know how it works. I never saw much need for a reverse light, either it's in or it's not. I've always wondered what was in that "kit" the guy sells on Ebay so I'm curious to see what you get for $20.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I asked that seller a question: what's in the kit for 20 bucks and what's with the shipping costs. His reply was "shows what you know they cost 49cents to build and 48 cents to ship.

I have done the reverse, ground out the white wire green strip, mod and now my reverse light doesn't work. BIG DEAL! I know it's in rev when there is NO light lit. priceless mod when in snow and mud or backing out of the neighbors wifes' driveway when he gets home early.

·
Registered
144 Posts
One other note, My buddy has a 450 and can't find the wire to save his ass. Can any one help??!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you want the light to work, put a toggle switch on the ground wire. With the switch turned off, your reverse light works. Switch on and its full speed reverse! I put mine on a switch because my fiance rides it once in a while and I didn't want her to crash. I tried the button way, but removed it because it screws up the speedo in difflock. ( It backfeeds and grounds to the transmission so its like you are always holding the button.)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dirtmonkey, OK I'll put the switch in but I still don't like the idea of your girlfriend riding my Grizz.

·
Registered
144 Posts
My wife still gets pissed off about the girlfriend jokes even after 15 years!
She doesn't drive my Bronco, drive my Grizz or drink my beer. And I think that's why we are still married.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Oh yea, reverse limiter, don't buy one off ebay just do a search and fix it yourself.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts