Yamaha Grizzly Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fan motor went again, I had it replaced in November last year, its gone again. It cost me the equivalent of $530 to replace it last time and now again??

Do you get any warranty on spares/parts fitted by yamaha?

Update 25 may 2006, Yamaha replaced and repaired under warranty, at their cost!!

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Beast,

That is pretty rough mate! Surely new genuine Yamaha parts from a Yamaha dealer must get the same warranty as a new machine and if the part is fitted by an authorised Yammy dealer then you MUST get the warranty.

If that don't work, go in on their busiest day and make a real big scene and DON'T take no for an answer.

I hope they come good for you mate, keep us posted.

Cheers Noel

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I would think a reputable dealership would fight tooth and nail for you Beast? Are they out right denying you? I would also give Yamaha a call and see what they say and don't forget to mention the screw ups this dealer did just a few days ago. Good Luck and sorry to hear about your issues.........Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am currently trying to sort this out with yamaha Head Office in SA.

They have 2 complete Blower assemblies in stock and no stock of the motor only!
I have offered to pay the diff between the parts (+/- $170)

I really want the Beast for the weekend as i am booked to go away for a long quadding weekend to a resort!!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
beast the parts suppler over here list the blower motor @190.00$ the blower assembly is 321.00$ wy does it cost so mutch for you

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bobmor, last time to motor only was +/-$220 and the labour was 9.5 hours +/- $310.

Take into account I am coverting currencies, their are some duties and shipping costs that affect the pricing.

Generally $100 in the US equates to a price of R1000 locally, however the exchange rate is R6.50 to one dollar! (on average 45% more)

PS( Yamaha, after some Coercion, has agreed to strip a motor off the blower assembly, supply it to my dealer, and not charge for the motor, so I may get my Griz back by Thursday!)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Great news Beast, I hope it all works out and you get to go on your ride.....Irv

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so my local dealer has finished with the Beast and I'm on my way to fetch it!!

New Fan motor installed and rejetted again!!

Hopefully, I can take some pics and post them of all the upgrades/wheels etc...

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
beast i hope everything is ok.do you think it it would profetable to start a company that shipped atv after market accessories to south A. we could become partners chaching?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not a bad Idea,

The problem though is only +/- 60 Grizzlies are sold a year in South Africa and less than 5% of them are modified in any way.

I would off course acounts for 99% of your orders!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts